The Washington Today, October 1, 2018, page 1.
“In the late 1970s, when I was a child, my father would often tell us stories about how his grandfather used to tell stories about his favorite characters from movies.”–Jared Taylor, actor and comedian, “The Daily Show” (US) – “My name is Jared Taylor, I’m twenty-three, and I’m the youngest person ever to perform at The Washington Daily Show.”
(Image via Getty) “I’m just a normal guy.
I don’t have a lot of money, but I work very hard.”
– Jaron Lanier, actor, “Frozen” (Disney XD) – “We’re just a bunch of normal guys trying to make it as comedians.”
– Jason Mantzoukas, actor-comedian, “Jason Mantzukis: Comedian on TV” (FOX) -“I like to take the mic and be myself and say what I feel about something.
I’m not trying to be a superstar, but a little guy.”
–Justin Bieber, singer, “Beach Boys” (Universal) –“I feel like it’s important for comedians to talk about stuff that matters.
That’s what makes the show fun.”
– Jimmy Fallon, host, “Jimmy Fallon Presents: Comedians on TV: The Top 100” (HBO) “It’s really funny.
We have the funniest people in the world in our show.”
– Bill Hader, actor (NBC) -“The funniest guy on the show.”
-“The best thing about this show is the fact that everyone has their own thing that they’re into, which I think is important.”
– Jason Miller, comedian, creator of “The Colbert Report” (CBS) “This show is a bunch the best people in comedy.”
“If I’m doing a show, I just want to make the best out of what I have.
I can’t control the material.”
– Billy Crystal, comedian and writer, “Billy Crystal’s Greatest Hits” (Warner Bros.)
-“What’s the worst thing that’s happened to you in your life?”
– Justin Timberlake, singer and songwriter, “You’re Gonna Miss Me” (Ferry Tayle) — “My life is a whirlwind, and we’re going through it.
I love it.
But I don’ want to get into a frenzy.
I want to keep it fun and interesting.”
— Stephen Colbert, host of ” The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” (CNN) “”I think you can go from being a comedian to being a writer to be an actor, and all that is amazing.
” — Seth Meyers, host and producer, “Saturday Night Live” (NBCSN) ————–“If you’re going to write, I’d really recommend it to anybody.
The first thing you need to do is write the thing that you really want to do.
“– David Simon, creator, “South Park” (FX) —————“I don’t think I can do this without my wife.
“– J.K. Rowling, author, “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” (JK Rowling) ————-“If it’s not going to work, it probably should not be published.
“– Jon Stewart, host/producer, “Daily Show” ————— — “I love it when people write something and then I’m like, ‘Oh, I can use this to get the attention of the editor.
They’re going, ‘Well, what if I gave you a book that had all these great things written about you?’
“– Mike Myers, actor/comedian and comedian.
————–(Image: NBCUniversal via Getty Images)